Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tweetdeck: A Tech Tip Every PR PRo Should Look At

As someone who currently writes technical articles for a living, I had to share this tech tip with everyone who is doing PR for a living or trying to get a job/internship. This is a how-to to set up Tweetdeck to scan hashtag conversations.

Step 1: Click the "Plus" button at the top of your Tweetdeck menu. The plus button will have a gray background and is next to the "Compose Update" button.

Step 2: Select the "Search" tab on the left side of the window that appears.

Step 3: Type in the hashtag you want to scan, then press "Enter" on your keyboard.

I did this to scan #PRStudChat yesterday, and I've learned more about PR from twitter in the last 24 hours than I did the previous week.  I strongly recommend that all PR professionals utilize tweetdeck's search function to scan conversations about their clients, public relations and the journalism industry.

 If you have trouble with any of the steps or find them hard to undergo, please leave a comment. I'll respond and update the steps to make them easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment